Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Filter

For those of you who know my husband... you know that he is quite the character. Sometimes his filter just doesn't work. Like when he decided my new nickname was "Muffin Top" or "Big Girl". I think most of you would agree no woman would ever think these nicknames are appropriate or cute.

Yesterday we had an interesting telephone conversation. It went a little something like this.

Jon- "Hey muffins! I saw your new picture on Facebook."
Me- "Yeah when did my ass get so big?"
Jon-"Oh, I noticed that a while ago."
....Silence
Me (laughing)- "Why would you say that?"
In the back ground, my coworker Nichole- "Oh no... what did he say now?"
Jon- "Do you want me to lie to you?"
Me- "About that.... "YES!!!!"
Jon- "So if you are dressed like a pompous asshole or have gained some weight I shouldn't tell you?"
Me (still laughing)- "NO!!!! Go ask the guys you work with if they would ever say that to their wives."
Jon- "Well do you want me to be the guys I work with or me?"
Me (still laughing)- "The guys you work with when it comes to this!"
Jon- "Ok."
Me (still laughing)
Jon- "Glad I can make you laugh. You are not going to tell your coworkers what I said are you?"
Me (still laughing)- "Yes, I am."
Jon- "Oh Ok... love you."

I have not laughed that hard in a long time. I am sure he is not going to be happy with me posting this on my blog, because he thinks people will think he is an asshole. But it was too funny not to share, besides his lack of a filter is one of the many things I love about him!

No comments:

Post a Comment